KCNY and Currency
- Certified stocks continue their downward trend, closing on Thursday with 665,933 bags, with no prospect of new certifications. The drop in the week accumulated 34,117 bags;
- Arabica harvest in Brazil approaches to 80%;
- Brazil’s Monetary Policy Committee raises the brazilian basic interest rate by 0.5%, as it was expected by the market;
- England’s central bank has also raised the basic interest rate by 0.5%;
- The number of jobs created in the month of July in the US came in higher than expected, showing 528,000 new jobs created, against expectations of 250,000, thus indicating an improvement in the American labor market.
SEPTEMBER/22: Min: 205,90 | Max: 222,20 | Last: 212,75
BRL/USD: Min: 5,1298 | Max: 5,3157 | Last: 5,2350
*Data as of the completion of this report
The cold front that passes along the coast of the Southeast region of Brazil shall not influence the weather conditions in the coffee growing regions. However, it is expected to rain in the region of Garça between next Tuesday and Wednesday.
The weather forecast models show that the probability of rain in the coffee regions in August is low and that temperatures should be above the historical average.
Rain forecast for next week:
Southern Minas region, Zona da Mata, Cerrado and Alta Mogiana:
No rain is forecasted for the week.
Garça region: Chances of light rainfall, between 10 and 15 mm.
DOMESTIC MARKET and FOB
The market is still slow for business, there are many quotes, but without any price ideas from the final customer. The expectation for better prices is high, but this is not a reality, since the market follows with little liquidity.
Strictly soft good cup running screen: seller close to R$1.390,00
Strictly soft fine cup running screen: seller close to R$ 1.440,00;
17/18: R$ 1.140,00
14/16: R$ 1.120,00
Running screen with 30% low grades: close to R$ 1.080,00;
600 defects: close to R$ 1.200,00
Shipping agencies continue to decline to confirm new reservations for departures in August due to lack of space. Some destinations already have low availability in September as well.
We emphasize the importance of revalidating freight rates and sending shipping instructions in advance.
COVID-19 IN BRAZIL
People who received the first dose: +179.959.368
Fully vaccinated people: +169.165.894
Cases: + 33.961.568 million
Deaths: 679.594 thousand
Let’s continue believing and investing in the coffee culture!
Atlantica Coffee Team
Fraudsters have created accounts at the domains atlanticacoffeee.com (with 3 letters “e”), atlanticacoffees (plural) and atlantlcacoffee (using the lowercase of L instead of the letter i) and for the prefixes using the names of our employees, even imitating our signatures. They are quoting coffee, issuing invoices with altered payment data, mostly to banks in Hong Kong, which we are not ours! Please be aware of the sender of the messages and always question instructions to change bank details!
Our only official e-mail domain is: atlanticacoffee.com